Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Capoeira-Related New Year's Resolutions

So here are things I want to accomplish this year that are capoeira related:

1) To workout/exercise at least once a day
2) Pick up Brazilian Portuguese?
3) Go to a minimum of one non-training event once per semester if in school, and once a month once summer break hits. (Open rodas count)
4) Get various movements down:
  • a perfect Au Batido
  • Macaco
  • Au sem Mao? (that's a maybe)
  • a prefect Bananeira
(I'll add more as that come up my mind)
5) Learn a flippin' song!

That is about it, and I hope through all of this, Capoeira will be more my life than last year. Also I hope to add more to this site over the year, I want to tape and get ready a movement by late February (sorry, but with school coming up, I have to put slacking into account).

2 comments:

Faisca said...

Good luck with your capoeira resolutions. I plan on making some more how-to videos this year, and they will include au sem mao and macaco, so maybe I can help you along!

Faisca said...

Mike is Faisca from The Capoeira Blog, by the way.